Wednesday

timing is everything


this last week has been an interesting one.

i know that i'm gifted in the area of service; i was created to help and serve others. i love having people over to our house. i love cooking dinner for people. i love helping people get things done. but i also love having an afternoon to myself, sitting at home, drinking coffee, reading a book or watching tv. i actually need those times to myself. it gets hard serving.
tom and i actually discussed this last week, me venting because "i have so much to do!" i look at my calendar and freak out. of course, then God figures things out and cancels this thing, or moves that thing, brings someone around to help out or gives me enough energy to do it. i was feeling alright throughout this last week.
then paul came over and out of nowhere announced, "i thought a lot about you yesterday, leah." oh really? i got nervous, thinking i've missed the mark on something. he sits down and tells me and tom about his sunday and things he's been learning. then he elaborates for me. "you should dig deep into what being a servant is. look up some verses where Jesus illustrates his servant's heart." he reminds me that i can only do these things when i look for God's hand in it and serve the way Jesus did. and of course, i'm so encouraged by this; it's awesome when God speaks, which he seems to be doing a lot this year. i guess that's what you get for actually listening.

No comments: