Monday

older now


it's true, i'm older now, may 28th has come and gone and i don't feel different. the date means nothing, right? it's nice when friends and family get together and eat in your honor, but really, i felt like i should celebrate my mom because she went to the hospital and got turned away before she was legitimately in labor. and i'm thankful she had me.
yesterday wasn't important because it was my birthday, nor was it important because it was wyatt's first time in the pool (although that is fun) but it's memorable (get it) because my sister found a gray hair on my head! that's right, my first gray hair, and it was long! i'm a little overwhelmed, because i feel so young, and yet thrilled because i am indeed getting older. so hats off to all natural girls who are willing to let their hair go gray. or silver. or white. in a month people won't be thinking about the color, they'll be distracted by the dreadlocks...

3 comments:

Jack McDoer said...

grey hair? no way. happy (belated) birthday.

jaymorgner said...

dreadlocks, you're so young and hip. Happy Birthday...how could I have forgotten?

Tom and Leah said...

just another day in may. but thanks for the shout-out, jay. same to you, too* (the birthday thing, not the dreadlocks. although you are young and hip)