Thursday

new to me

we played a round of "scattergories" last night with a group of friends. only one round because we then moved onto the nail biting "catch prase". we could play that game all night. but as tom and i were getting ready for bed he revealed his strategy to me. once the letter has been rolled he then puts that letter in each blank to give himself a bit of a head start. then he brainstorms words that start with that letter and looks at the list to see if those words will fit anywhere. can you believe this?! it's a list people, 1,2,3,4,5... and you're supposed to go through it and think about what is best, not come up with whatever and then fit it into a catergory. tom's favorite part of the game is trying to sell his answer to the group. now i know why it's so hard to buy what he's selling: it's not the best answer he could come up with, it's the fastest. he tries to manipulate the situation so his answer works. thankfully most of the time people see through it. i guess the results speak for themselves, though. i won again.

6 comments:

Joseph said...

What a sneaky dog...

When do I get to challenge the Scattergories queen in a full and complete game?

Susan said...

You weren't there the night we played Scattergories for girls' night, were you? Nicole, Alexandra, Lauren, Mom, and I played. It was the Mercies okaying every answer and the Givers/Prophets being beside themselves with all of the leniency in the room. Pretty amusing personality study, even if it made the game rather ridiculous. Tom would have been a sure winner on the S-side of the room.

Lauren Blake said...

yeah i admitt it is hard for me not to give in to things like that as a mercy. also I want to say congrats to tom on his game skills with settlers tonight. And leah nice job on the blog.. really like the new background. Although I am secretly looking forward to an updated pic. of cassie on the top since she has changed so much. I know there is only so much time.

Allison said...

I agree with Lauren on most of what she said. I also found myself being okay with Tom's defense of his words--Mercy right here-- and I also like the updated blog. I have no idea how to make mine look cool.

Tom and Leah said...

i didn't even know you had a blog! if you want to update the look just click on the little box on the top of my blog or lauren's, or go to thecutestblogontheblock.com and when you find a page you like then it will give you instructions on how to do it. it's easy.

Anonymous said...

after multiple rounds of scattergories with tom over the years, everything makes sense.

my other comment is that i'm really surprised the phraes "greasy greek gonads" hasn't been in the comments yet.

Paul