Wednesday

1


A quick post to celebrate the first month of Emmylou's life. There are many things that can be said about having her around, so I'll try to be brief. For me, it's like being a first time mom again. It's been three and a half years since Zeke left and in this stage of my life that's a long time for me to be without a baby. Her presence brings so much joy to me: I love holding her and kissing her chubby cheeks; I enjoy picking out new outfits and changing her diaper; I laugh at her silly grunts, squeals, shouts and coos; I especially adore the way Cassidy takes care of her and loves on her.
In the last month we've rejoiced and grieved and trusted in His faithfulness, celebrating Pesach (Passover) on Emmylou's 1 month birthday. I really do feel him turning my mourning into dancing, and I'll be honest, I didn't know if that was possible.

No comments: