Tuesday

3

Emmylou is just about 3 months old now, and it's been three years, today, that Wyatt has been gone. This is the first anniversary related to the boys that we've had more life in our house, and it's a wonderful gift. Somehow Emmylou's existence keeps Wyatt and Zeke's lives at the forefront -- I think a lot about how they would respond to her, love her, care for her, make her laugh. Cassidy has promised to tell Emmylou all about them and I like to think that deep in her spirit she already knows about her brothers.

A lot can be said about the similarities and differences between the kids. But seeing these photos side by side makes me think how blessed we are to have beautiful children and how bittersweet it is that Zeke cannot be included in these.

On a side note, when I turned on the IHOP webstream yesterday (which is sometimes harder than today, since it was our last day with him) Laura Hackett was singing, "Beautiful Mercy".


Amen and thank you Jesus.

2 comments:

Stephanie Griggs said...

Leah I wish I could put into words how much I look up to you-- as a lover of The Lord, as a woman, as a wife, as a mother... Every time you share something I'm encouraged, even from around the world. You make me feel that whatever is ahead in my life is going to be full of more growth and more life and more love, even through pain. It helps me not be afraid of pain, because I know the One who will carry me through, just like He still carries you. I think of you and it helps me not be afraid of life.

Tom and Leah said...

To have someone like you look up to me is overwhelming. I wish we could sit down together, share some coffee and our hearts. I think it would be mutually life-giving. Your words blessed me powerfully this week, thank you.