Thursday


I spent last Sunday on my knees, little broom in hand, dusting off the excess sand and packing a few loose stones. I watched the leaves tumble down from the blue skies, the air cool and refreshing. I enjoy manual labor when it means I get to enjoy the outcome. Watching the leaves reminds me of the autumn when I was pregnant with Wyatt and I went to town raking the leaves one day. It was a day like last Sunday, just begging me outside. It didn't matter that I was ready to give birth, it felt good to get something done in the fresh air. I suppose I will have many fall days ahead, filled with falling leaves, fresh air and a longing for something more. I anxiously await November and the memories it will bring. Until then...

6 comments:

Lauren Blake said...

You guys did a great job! Love the pic. of Cassie walking on the stones too.

Maeret said...

I love it!

Allison said...

Thank you for sharing your memories.

Carlye said...

i miss you. love seeing little glimpses of tblake life :)

jdmartin said...

Very nice. Know it took a lot of sweat equity but the payoff is worth it! Hugs.

joyfulnoise said...

That looks beautiful. Y'all did an amazing job. Been thinking of you a lot lately.