Wednesday

Swimmy, swammy, swummy

We are swimming a lot, specifically at Gigi and Papo's and Keith and Jeremy's. Little is doing an amazing job, advancing every time we go. Keith's is particularly great because a good portion of the actual pool is shallow enough that she can stand in it. This perpetuates her wanting to go without her vest, and to even go under on her own quite a bit. I am proud of her courage and excitement. Now we will tackle actual swimming.

You would think after that first paragraph this would be a post with pictures and video of Cassidy in the pool. It isn't (sorry, Maasen). Usually I am in the water with her so I don't have my camera handy. One day I will capture it. What really needs to be shared is the things the grown-ups are doing in the pool. I wish I had footage of Sam and EJ going off the diving board in the shapes of letters, but I don't. What I do have is evidence of fully grown men and women riding an inflatable children's turtle (or "tadah", as Eliana calls it).

After a fun night of Israeli folk dancing we decided to jump in the pool. Some people (Kait and Bailey) didn't have suits and sat out until it became too tempting. And Kait, so brave, gave in to the urge to join us in the pool, and hopped onto Snappy the Turtle. How long could she last, she wondered. Less than a minute, Bailey speculated. Turned out it was 46 seconds, but Kait went in smiling.
Right before she got bucked

Tom took on the turtle, too. And lost.

And this is Keith's second attempt that night. The first time he
 immediately toppled over the turtle's head and into the water.

We had to get Little to bed before the fun was over, but I heard Kait and Cristina rode Snappy at the same time. Keith made a wise investment in that there toy. Thanks for having us over, boys!

6 comments:

mountain girl said...

I'm really glad you're back to posting. Love the bits and pieces of your life...you really pull out the fun in living for us all to enjoy!

Kait said...

BELIEVE THAT! cristina and i totally broke snappy like a wild stallion gone domestic.

i would have remained dry if it weren't for the turbulent waves.

Lauren Blake said...

love the video esp since we weren't there to see it. loved going to the pool with you yesturday. I also really like the new profile pic of your family. I would love a copy of it: everyone looks great esp. you Leah Blake

Kait said...

I agree with Lauren. It is a really cute pic of you guys!

Carlye said...

why is it always so funny to see men try to play with kid toys? hilarious! hope we get to chill with you some more before all the school fun begins! see ya soon blakes!

Stephanie Griggs said...

Leah, I'm so glad for your return to blogging. I know I don't see you very much, so whenever you write I feel like I'm blessed with a peek into your life that I wouldn't get otherwise. So thanks.