Sunday

August 14th

Today is Zeke's 2nd birthday. This is the present the L-rd gave me:
This is the Gerber daisy I got for Mother's Day, just before Wyatt went to Heaven. It over-wintered just fine, it remained leafy and green. When I put it out on the front porch this summer some critter ate it down to almost nothing. I was very upset that this plant might not make it. By the grace of G-d and His nurturing it survived. I have been waiting for a few weeks, watching three blooms develop and then this one started to get taller than the others. Never did I imagine that it would fully bloom today. But that is the way of the Creator. It's a little something special only He could do. I am thankful.

5 comments:

Lauren Blake said...

thank you Lord for doing this for Leah, what a tender kiss from you on such a hard day.

Susan said...

That is so like Him. Beautiful.

Carlye said...

It's just like Him to bring beauty like that, so sweetly and so unexpected. I'm so glad He cares about these things.

Stephanie Griggs said...

i remember seeing this lovely plant struggling, and just asking the Lord to keep it for you. thanks for sharing it with us leah.

Jessica Blake said...

do you know that you're amazing? Inspiring? gifted? strong? and living a life worth imitating?

well you are.