Wednesday

Mama's Birthday

Tomorrow is my Mama's birthday. This photo was taken two years ago on her birthday.
At that time we were still adjusting to the absence of Aunt Ann, my mom's only sibling, her best friend and really the only aunt I've known. The kids called her Great Auntie Ann. Ezekiel was a wonderful little gift that we found out about shortly after Ann went to the L-rd. I secretly hoped he would be born on her birthday, August 24th, but I was just as thrilled that he came on Lauren's birthday. I know my mom was happy to have him here for her birthday.

As the mother of four she spends a lot of time nurturing us, taking care of every little need, encouraging and praying for us. She packed our lunches every day and came to every event we ever had -- school plays, softball, baseball, basketball and football games, drill team performances, recitals, musicals. She's been married to the same wonderful man for over 40 years and has modeled service and love every day. I am blessed to call her Mama. I still call her on bad days, or when I'm sick, or a need a break. We cry together and laugh together. I think she used my age as an excuse to keep me out of kindergarten for a year so we could hang out more. I'm glad she did.

The L-rd has said that she has His heart, that she loves her children and grandchildren deeply and He loves that about her. I love that about her too.

Happy Birthday, Mama! You're my favorite mama.

4 comments:

Carlye said...

That's a fantastic picture and what a beautiful testimony. She's lovely and so are you, my friend. Happy Birthday to your Mama!

Lauren Blake said...

I agree with you... your mom is amazing and that picture is such a treasure. Happy Birthday Bev.

cass said...

I love your mama!
Happy birthday BEV!

mountain girl said...

Your mama sounds awesome. My mama is my favorite mama, too.