Sunday

Friday at the Mall

While Papa is in Arkansas we've been having some little adventures of our own. On Friday Maasen took us to the Oak Park Mall. Little did I realize this would be so much fun, and so when the day started I did not pull out my camera. Thus I missed Cassidy eating her first Godiva Truffle. She picked out one with a pink swirl on it and we both enjoyed it immensely.
(If you sign up on their free list you get a free truffle every month. Hint hint, husbands.)
 Cass and Maas rode the carousel together. Cass chose the seal and Maasen chose...
 the panda bear. Aren't they cute?
We all rode the escalator a couple times but Cass could have done that ride all day.
 After touching these public objects Cass was sure to use the sanitizing soap, another mall highlight. See the excitement?!
 This is the look of dirty hands getting clean. Serious business.
Maasen treated Cass to a spin in this rad ride. I think this is just her way of influencing Cassie to like Jeeps. It's a jeep thing, I guess. (Maas actually tried to get in this kiddie car but that was not quite successful. I might have video footage.) 
 Then she played in the little kids play area which re-emphasized the importance of wearing shorts, and not dresses, on excursions such as this.
When I rode the carousel with Cassie, she chose this little princess carriage thing. She enjoyed being in it so much she gave me the Miss America wave (which, oddly enough, Papo taught her to do while riding in the golf cart).
I tried to take a few photos of the two of us and then a nice dad who was riding with his daughter offered to take our picture. I know it looks like I'm gripping her arm awkwardly, but really, we're having a good time.
Just before the bell rang, signaling the start of the carousel, Cassie changed her mind and wanted to ride the panda. But not the same panda as Maasen, just so you know. We enjoyed it so much I forgot all about naps. She pushed past pretty well. I think the soft pretzel helped. 
And this is what happens when Papa leaves town and the girls go to the mall. A Pretty good idea, Maasen.

3 comments:

Carlye said...

First of all, I love the layout.

Second, ever since Lily's Mamaw took us to the carousel we have to go almost every time we're in town now. It's a whole lot more fun that I'd thought it would be, too. :) I'm not much of a "mall enthusiast" usually.

Thirdly, those photos are so super duper cute. what a fun girl's day!

Fourth, we miss you guys.

Lauren Blake said...

LOVE ALL THE PICTURES! THANKS FOR POSTING. sounds like you had a great day. miss you all bunches.

mountain girl said...

I really love your posts! So candid. You bring out the best things. By the way, Cassie is super cute...but you know that.