Monday

Sabbath Swimming

On Saturday, while Tom was getting his diploma for a Masters in Religious Education in Middle Eastern History, we went to Big Cassie's mom's house. (Lil' Cass called it Sam's house.) She lives out in Linwood off of a gravel road, with horses and chickens and roosters. Her house has a wrap-around porch and a pool. It is a such a wonderful place and sometimes we get to hang out with Cassie's brother, Seth, who is pretty great. He is Cassie's little brother, afterall. We have yet to hang out with her mom, however. She has more of a social life than we do.

We've been swimming a lot this summer and finally I got some video of Cass. She has quickly progressed and now she'll go without her swim vest and has no trouble being under the water. I would like to post all of the videos but I have narrowed it down to these few: some of Cass and Cass, some of Sam, some of the chickens. Grab some popcorn and enjoy! (In no particular order, the uploading and arrangement took a long time.) 
This one is fun to me because Lil' Cass seems so big here. Big Cass did a great job encouraging her in so many ways while we were out there.

Sam's entrance into the pool: a beautiful gainer. You can hear Big Cass talking about how good he is at these if you listen carefully.

Chicken Man Sam. And the Casses.

Here's Lil' Cass pushing off the bottom of the pool to jump up out of the water. So fun!

Like I said, in no particular order...Cassie's entrance into the pool. She thought she needed help, but she didn't. Can you hear the rooster? And then she got distracted by Big Cass putting an innertube in the pool, but just one.

There are more videos I could post but I suppose this is enough for now. Tune in next time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO TEAM CASS!

FONT LOVER said...

warm greeting for your lovely family.

Lauren Blake said...

Noah and I just sat down and watched the videos several times. Thanks for this labor of love, I know how long it takes to upload that is if it even works at all. Way to go little Cassie on swimming. I was so impressed she went under the water. (Way to go on the flip to Sam!)

Allison said...

How fun! I'm glad I know about this so I can ask her about her swimming.

Susan said...

Eliana was so excited about Cass' videos that I couldn't leave a comment without her trying to help. We can't wait to see you guys in person.