Tuesday

I enjoy the Wintertime, specifically when it snows. Tom thinks I get silly about the snow, and it's probably true. I love seeing it float down and pile up. Since I'm blessed to work at home it means I get a beautiful scene outside my window and I don't have to drive on the dangerous streets. And since Maasen's work cancels because of the snow I am happy with the snow this week. We've had two really nice days together and I feel so blessed by her and the PBlakes. On Monday Cassidy spent the morning playing in the snow with them and loved it. 


She had everything she needed, except boots. I went downstairs to the closet where we store clothes that are either too big or too small. I found the bag of shoes that were Wyatt's. His snow boots from last year were in there. They were a bit too big for him last year, and I knew they'd be too big for her, but they were the only option. It's a hard thing to decide. I knew the best thing for her would be to put her in his old boots, but seeing those boots on her feet was hard. He loved the snow. Last year we built a snow family, dog included, with Lauren and Noah. This year Cassidy played with the PBlakes at their house.

Bittersweet.

3 comments:

justjess said...

She's beautiful, and so lovable. I loved your snow family last year and greatly miss the part of your family that isn't here this year. You aren't alone my friend. Thanks for being staying so tender. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I was secretly hoping to see a video of my hubby wiping out but it was a delight to find the super cute collage of your snow angel. love her.. love you
lauren

Anonymous said...

as always thank you for sharing. love you.
aj