Thursday

Yuma Zuma

Saturday afternoon we will take Yuma Zuma to her new home. We are thankful to Jeremy for connecting us with this great family that will take care of our beloved pup. They have Shepherds already and are aware of how to rehabilitate Yuma. At least they're willing to give it a try.

I've cried several times about this, mostly because I am so sorry she's in such pain. Something that Sarah, the woman adopting Yuma, said is that German Shepherds are intensely loyal, especially the females. She is not surprised that through all of the stress and confusion of the last 17 months Yuma has tried to take our pain onto herself, and biting herself is how she does this. Unfortunately this has only made her life horrible and increased the stress in our lives. We pray this family will have success with getting Zuma to relax and feel at home.

The last few days she seems to be in a weird funk, partially due to the fact that her front elbows are pretty raw from licking. She doesn't seem to want to lay down and we've caught her several times falling asleep sitting up. Since she will be gone in less than 48 hours I have decided to post this video. I hope you enjoy the silliness of Yuma Zuma. She really is a wonderful dog.

The conversations in the background are also kind of funny.

4 comments:

mountain girl said...

I'm happy you found a home for your doggie. Sarah sounds really understanding and nice. Puppy kisses to Yuma.

Anonymous said...

i will miss her. I hope her new home makes her happy and not bloody!
-maasen

justjess said...

I'm gonna miss her too...I teared up thinking about it, it kind of surprised me. She is a very loyal dog. I'll be praying for your tender family and Zu as well. We're with you in this too!

Kait said...

Happily ever after to you, Yuma.