Tuesday

First Day of School

Life is filled with sweet moments, and this one was bittersweet. Cassidy went to her first day of Pre-School today and I cried. I remember leaving my mom to go to school. She was my best friend and I didn't want to go without her, and even up through the years it always made me a little sad to know she was home by herself. What would she do without me?! Well Cassidy didn't have any of that worry; she was giddy with excitement about the first day of school, and Miss Anne, and the playground.

But this is the same school that Wyatt was supposed to attend last year and not having those memories with him is sad. I can imagine how excited he would be for her, I can hear his little voice, "Cassie you get to go to school like me!" And he would tell her all about the playground and teachers and activities. This morning at breakfast we talked about school, about making friends and obeying Miss Anne. And about how proud Wyatt is of her for being brave and smart. She was filled with anticipation for the adventure. Can't you tell?

She is in class with Noah; there are four girls and five boys, and she's already making friends. Miss Anne has a sweet spirit and we are thankful she is their teacher. I am excited for Cassie to have some structed learning time and interaction with lots of little kids. The yellow room has animals and play-dough and lots of toys so I know she will have a lot of fun with Noah and the other kids.
While the kids were in school Lauren and I got coffee and Tom had breakfast with his mom. At 11:30 we showed up at school and all the kids were outside playing. Cass would have stayed all day if we let her, but when it was time to go she gave Miss Anne a hug and grabbed her little yellow bag and headed out. When Tom asked her what she did at school the first thing she mentioned was the snack. That's my girl!
These two will have a great time in the yellow room and will learn so much about being big kids. I know they will have a good influence on each other and the other kids. They will enjoy every minute of Pre-school, but let's be honest, I'm glad she's home now...

4 comments:

Lauren Blake said...

I am so glad they are in class together :)
And I am so glad we get to hang out!
p.s. love the excitment on Cassie's in the big picture. Her hair looks so long too (I wonder how old Hadassah will be when her hair is that long?)

Susan said...

I think Wyatt was proud of you all today for being brave and starting this new adventure. You guys were on my heart more than normal this morning, but I had forgotten it was the first day of school. Evidently G-d hadn't forgotten. We love you, Brave TBlakes.

Anonymous said...

School is so bittersweet! You want them to learn and make friends but u aren't ready for them to be away from you! It was tough for me to know Brenden would be going to Kindergarten EVERYDAY this year! The plus is that, in the younger grades, they practically BEG you to help in class. I helped out yesterday and it was good to see everyone in action and how the day goes for brenden. I am happy that I only have him in half day right now (full day at a PUBLIC school is 300 a month!!!!) LOVE these pictures!!!!! I am so happy that Cass and Noah are in class together! I cant believe how BIG they are! Goes by so quick!!! What school are they at?

I think every mama needs prayer to enjoy these little brakes and take time for themselves. SOOO hard to do! I will b praying for u.

Also, Leah, I was the SAME way! I wanted to be with my mommy instead of going to school! I cried and cried!

<3 Colleen

justjess said...

I love you, I love her. I'm proud of all of you.