Tuesday

Spring Break 2011

We drove out to Winter Park yesterday. This town is a special place for the Franz family. We vacationed here just about every year, Winter and Summer. The 12 hour drive was long and I vividly remember sleeping in some awkward positions, but the discomfort was always worth the adventure. We are blessed this year to spend a very inexpenisive time out here with my parents, Uncle Jack, Uncle Joe and Rachey and EJ and Abbie.

Cass was a trooper the whole way here, but she got anxious as the sun set and we still weren't "in Colorado". By that she meant she was still in the car and it was too dark to see the mountains. The pass was snowy and slow-going but we got here evenutally (thanks to Tom's patience) and it's beautiful. Just a few shots from the trip:

She was overjoyed at the ring pop. She kept
asking me to take pictures of her red tongue.

 Her thumb eventually turned red from sucking
it after the ring pop.
There was so much fog it was hard to see one of our
favorite sites of the trip.
The weather cleared up the further west we went
but the wind turbines weren't spinning. Malfunction
at the Hub Station, I suppose.
I got Fun Dip at this gas station stop.
Tom and I plan on hitting the slopes tomorrow, and I will definitely keep you updated on that adventure.

5 comments:

Lauren Blake said...

I was hoping you would post. Picked up your mail today and there was a letter to Cassie from my mom... how funny. Love the red tongue!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! Double bonus to the ring pop and fun dip!!
Can't wait for some pictures on the slopes.
-maasen

Kait said...

That looks like super fun. What a great blessing!

I can't wait to show you what your interpretive dance of the burning bush looked like.

mountain girl said...

Ohhh...you're in Colorado! Next time we should plan on getting together...or, if you happen to be in the Denver area with extra time on your hands in the next couple of days, let us know - maybe we could grab lunch! Hope you have a really great time!

justjess said...

Lovely pictures, I really like how you formatted them. I hope you're having a wonderful time. I miss you.