Monday

Wrapping Up

My brilliant mother brought Play-Dough along on the trip and the girls played with it every day. The kitchen had a "breakfast nook" off to the side and they enjoyed having their own space to be creative.
Even though Cass looks like she's in a saloon with that long glove on, I promise it's just a friendly game of "Go Fish" with Aunt Rachey. Friendly, as long as Cassie wins.
Unka Joe read "Olivia Goes to Venice" to Cassidy and taught her some Italian. She mostly cares about the word "gelato", which Olivia and her family eat a lot of in the story.
Then we made our way home again. Since our honeymoon this has been the standard pose for Tom. I don't have a lot of photos of just him, but I probably have half a dozen in this pose. With these glasses. But remarkably not this shirt, it's pretty new.
Cassidy is a great traveller. She enjoyed the moutain view on the way down but once we hit Denver her ears started hurting. I am pleased to say that was the only hitch on the whole trip, no big problems with her belly or her leg. She even took a nap.

We even got to see Sam on the way home.
Stay tuned for Sam in another disguise...

2 comments:

mountain girl said...

The play-doh is a great idea. I'll have to remember that one. And seriously, if Tom lost some hair on top, he would look JUST like my brother, Seth. I've always thought that about him. But I say keep the hair.

justjess said...

I love it. You do a great job of keeping us updated while you're away. That makes me real happy inside. I love you so much!