Thursday

Winter Park

As I promised, some video and some sweet photographs of Joe and E.J. in the terrain park. Wednesday was incredibly warm and even though it was Spring Break the lines for the lifts weren't long at all. The most exciting thing for me was getting to ski with Tom. This was his second time skiing, ever, and the first time was at least 15 years ago. He picked it up fast and we moved to blues and even did a blue/black that morning. The scenery was beautiful, and the snow was fairly good for such a warm March, but by far the highlight was being on the mountain with my honey.

The Franz siblings weren't complete, but Sarah's board and boots were representing. Thanks, Bear!

In honor of the NCAA tournament here are E.J. and Joe with their versions of hang time:
E.J. in the Terrain Park
E.J. getting serious air
The second jump for E.J.
Joe's first air in the Terrain Park
Joe had a lot of speed going into the second jump,
and a lot of air
Here is one of Tom's first runs, which I found remarkable. I'm so proud of my soccer-playing honey. Skiis are a weird thing to have attached to your feet, especially the fancy ones Joel let him borrow. He wanted to get better so he asked Rachel for tips, and I'm sure if we go out tomorrow he'll be even better.
   
This is Mary Jane, one of my favorite runs. The first guy down the hill in the bright blue is Euro Joe, super fast! Then comes Rachel in green with great technique and then comes Thomas. I love this video because it shows different levels of skills. Joe skis the Alps and Rachel skis the Rockies all season long, so try to remember that when you watch the video.

5 comments:

justjess said...

Wow those are great. It really makes me happy you're getting time with Unka Joe, and those videos are awesome. Thomas looks like he's holding his own. And I can enjoy your fun time even more now that you're almost home. Hooray!

samvanbuskirk said...

looks like a ton of fun. tom is way better than i thought he would be. real nice. i would be unintentionally sitting down a lot. miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

You guys are getting in more skiing than we are this year! Glad you're having such a wonderful time in the mountains! Have a safe trip home.

Allison said...

how fun!

Lauren Blake said...

love that last picture of joe great shot!
also, I the video were great too... but I was hoping to see one of you snowboarding :)