Tuesday

Sunday morning we visited Family Tree Nursery in Overland Park for their Spring Open House. Big Cass has been preparing for this the last two months and we were excited to visit her place of business, once again.

Seeing this photograph reminds me of planting the garden last year. The kids helped me plant the carrot seeds. Wyatt was not interested in getting his hands dirty but Cass jumped right in.
I wonder how many times BC had to say, "Do you want white, light purple or dark purple?" I'm glad LC went with the light purple; it's very pretty.
Then she decorated a cup (styrofoam!) and with the help of Jessica and another lady she planted some grass. Supposedly it will shoot up in a few days.
The highlight (for me anyway) was having her face painted. This was such a fun little deal, especially since we were preparing for Purim that evening. Cass sat so still, as if she had a lot of practice at putting on make-up. The artist had a photograph of her son painted as a leopard. Last spring when Wyatt was learning about big cats I thought he would be a cheetah for Purim. We could paint the lines that run from the eyes to the mouth, a distinct cheetah characteristic and he could prowl around on all fours.
She was proud of her face paint and it stayed on quite well through her nap.
She finally pooped out at the end and I sat her down with some popcorn while Jessica got some pots for her growing garden. It's a lot of work to carry her around in that cast, I can't imagine how much work it is for her to walk. Thursday we go back to the doctor and I'm praying everything has healed well.

5 comments:

justjess said...

Yay! Cast off tomorrow! I'm going to try and sneak down to see you guys. The clinic is nice, there is even a picture on the wall of an animal with a cast on his leg. I will be praying everything goes smoothly.

cass said...

Yes. I said that a lot. I wish I could have walked around with you all.

Allison said...

She is adorable. I wondered where the face paint came from when I was looking at Purim pictures. I love your heart. It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Carlye said...

Let us know how it went yesterday - we have been praying for total restoration and mobility. We love you guys and love seeing all the recent posts. So lovely to see you @ Purim too!!

Carlye said...

Oh btw, I noticed that you are reading The Jesus Storybook Bible. I just had to comment that we read that one a LOT in our house and Sean and I can barely get through it without tearing up. And did you know that Jago sells some prints from that Bible?? I really enjoy his artwork - so playful and yet impacting.