Monday

Unka Joe

My brother has been in town the last month and we've had some good time hanging out. We were all blown away by his skills on the slopes; he's learned a thing or two skiing the Alps. But at least one thing remains the same about Unka Joe. He's a great gifter. This time out he took Cassidy to Toys R Us and she ended up walking out with Bride Barbie and Groom Ken, as well as outfits that transform Barbie into a nurse and an ice skater. Ken, well, he got a track suit. A turquoise track suit.
I have spent the last day and a half using my "Ken" voice and telling Barbie how much  I love her. Over and over again. Occasionally they change clothes and one of them is sick, or they go out to eat. Cass is using her little doll house (that Joe gave her when she turned two, I think) for the newlyweds, but it's no Dream House. A bit small. I hope this week we can make it over to my moms and find some of my old Barbies. I enjoyed many years with those girls and look forward to getting another girl so I can use a different voice.
It was nice to see Joe, to spend some chill out time with him in Colorado. Growing up I looked up to him as every little sister should and I'm thankful the L-RD gave me such a loving brother. Now that I think about it he set the ideal in my mind for an intelligent athlete. My brother is the smartest guy I know, and he played football at Nebraska. Our personalities are kind of similar and I know he and Wyatt would have been bosom buddies. I pray Cassidy gets to spend good time with him in the future, he gets rather silly around giggly girls. And he gives good hugs. We love you, Joe. Thanks for being a wonderful big brother.

2 comments:

Lauren Blake said...

I love that picture of the two of them... you can see a hint of his sillness in his smile!
p.s. I guess ??? I should say thanks to Joe too.. since Noah will be probably be playing with Ken alot. hmmmm

justjess said...

What a great Unka! I have to say I'm honored that Cass picked the nurse outfit. Irregardless :) of if it had anything to do with me or not...I'm still proud.