Monday

Birthdays All Around

My dad will turn 67 on Friday, my uncle turns 74 tomorrow and Cassidy turns 4 on Sunday, hence, 67-74-4. My mom is pretty creative. And a really good baker. That was a great cake. 
Here they are, some of my favorite people. You will be hard pressed to find a man sweeter than Uncle Jack. I've never heard a cross word out of him, even when Nebraska plays horribly. He is an encourager and a listener. I appreciate how much he has invested in my life. In the last year and half he has been one of the few people who can speak words of truth and life to me. His hugs always carry an extra pound of encouragement and compassion.

My dad is one of the most passionate people I know. His heart is so big, his love is so deep. He is a great example of the Father's love. He has always been involved closely with my life, my biggest fan when it came to being on the stage. The one who believed I could do anything and do it the best. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm a Franz. Anyway, having a father like mine means never wondering what love feels like. I think my number one (and two) love language (gifts/food) come from him. He always gives my mom gifts and the man can cook.

And Cassidy, well she speaks for herself. She's more wonderful than I can express and I am thankful to be her mama. If  you don't believe me, come on over and spend a morning with her. Blessed, that's the only way to describe being the mother of Cassidy Faith.

Not featured here, but definitely as important, is Landon, who turns 9 on the 17th. The oldest of the Texas cousins, he is the first one to get Wyatt to hold something in his tiny little hand. He is a great hug giver, a wonderful BIG brother to three (maybe four) sisters, and excels at whatever he sets his mind to. He is a strong athlete and will follow quite well in the footsteps of the Blake boys. He is also very smart and knows so much about G-d you would be encouraged about the future. I love him very much and I am thankful for his hugs and kindness.

Happy Birthdays my wonderful family!

5 comments:

Kait said...

Aw...
I really love it when people plug their family in their own blogs. It's like extra points or something.

Sounds like you have some really incredible men in your life. I already know about the light and life in your little girl. ;)

mountain girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mountain girl said...

What an awesome family you have. It's so good to appreciate the ones we have, while we have them. So many of us have jewels all around us, yet we never recognize them as such.

justjess said...

You're amazing. I love how you love and how your words are so encouraging. You're such a gift. I feel blessed just hearing about how you're celebrating the ones dear to you.

joyfulnoise said...

Such sweet words for Landon and the rest of the guys! I totally agree. He is such a wonderful brother and son. Thanks Aunt Leah.