Saturday

Miss Fantastic Turns Four

I was induced with Cassidy; it was mid-February, I was 18 months removed from my last delivery and I was LARGE. It was time for the little lady to come out, if in fact she was a lady. When the sonographer told us we were having a girl I cried from pure shock. How were we having a little girl? Aren't the Blakes predominantly boys? On Monday February 13th at 10:30 AM, after an hour and a half of labor, out came the cutest dark haired firecracker. Sure enough, Cassidy Faith had arrived.
You would be screaming too.
Turns out Cassidy is easy to live with. She is joyful, obedient, gorgeous,
incredibly loving and hilariously funny.   
 Do these boots look familiar?
 Her curls are a great asset, but they are also a hotly contested issue when it comes to combing. Tom has promised to take over the de-tangling process.
I am sure her brothers cheer her on from their elevated view;
Wyatt always was Cass's greatest encourager.
 
She loves spending time with Papa, especially if it's a video about the Tabernacle.
Little Chef.
Big Chef.
It's truly impossible to express how thankful we are for Cassie Faye. If it were possible to do, without spoiling her, we would make every day her birthday.

8 comments:

Kait said...

aw...:) what a great momma.

Kait said...

momma? mama.

mountain girl said...

Happy Birthday, Cassie! She sure is a firecracker, and a pretty cute one at that.

Lauren Blake said...

cassie,
you have brought so much joy to our whole family. We love and celebrate YOU! Thanks for posting all the pictures Leah. I love seeing them.

jdmartin said...

What a precious little thing she is. LOVE the picture of you, Leah, with your newborn joy. Hugs to her from the Martinhouse.

Susan said...

I remember when you were pregnant and I felt like Cass and I were going to have a special connection. I don't think it ever occurred to me that it could be me having a daughter who looks up to her - what a huge blessing. From listening to her say the blessing over the food to watching her blossoming "mama" skills, she is a joy and a delight.

justjess said...

I remember the day Wyatt came home from his first sleep over at Noah's. He walked in the door and he and Cass squealed and hugged each other. He was one of her biggest fans.

She's pretty easy to love, she makes my life better for sure!

Carlye said...

She is truly a unique joy and an amazing blessing. I am touched by your words and get teary with joy for your family. May she grow in wisdom, joy and the fear of the Lord! Amen!